Suspire Media believe that website developers have an ethical, and at times a legal obligation to create websites that are inclusive and as accessible as feasibly possible.
We make every effort to ensure that the websites we develop are usable, inclusive and accessible regardless of disability/ability.
To ensure the same level of experience for as many people as possible we build interoperable websites using Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and standards-compliant design techniques.
When creating website we always consider ...
- some users may have a visual disability or colour blindness
- some people will visit your website via screen readers or text only browsers
- some users may be using a refreshable Braille display.
- not everyone can use a pointing device such as a mouse
- some users will only use their keyboard to navigate around your site
- not everyone has access to Broadband internet connections
- users may find if difficult to see very small text so fonts need to be adjustable
- bare in mind that images are not always displayed. Some website images convey meaning so alternative text equivalents are important if the image is not displayed. Screen readers read it and text-only browsers display it!
- some users will be people who may have Dyslexia or a Learning Difficulty
- your website will be compatible with future browsing technologies
- accessible websites often appear higher in search engine ranking